It has been a tradition in Ashtanga Yoga to rest from Asana practice on Moon Days.
On The days when the moon is full or new, the moon is in a line relative to the position of earth. Therefore moon days of rest are essential for regeneration.
The Shala is closed to take rest on the following Moon Days:
- Full Moon – Wednesday September 5th
- New Moon – Tuesday September 19th
- Full Moon – Thursday October 5th
- New Moon (Diwali) – Thursday October 19th
- Full Moon – Friday November 3rd
- New Moon – Saturday November 17th
- Full Moon – Sunday December 3rd
- New Moon – Sunday December 17th